C.S. Lewis said, “What we want is not more little books about Christianity, but more little books by Christians on other subjects.” Speaking of “little books,” did you know that many authors will tell you that children’s books are the hardest to write? Today we’ll talk with Art Rainer about a unique series of books he’s written to teach kids about money.
Art Rainer, has written personal finance books for all ages, but today Art talks about a 3-volume series he’s written for children, The Secret Slide Money Club.
- The Secret Slide Money Club series is a unique early-reader fiction series that uses humor and adventure to teach children the foundational principles of financial health—Give, Save, Live. This first trio of books is quick-paced, offering tons of silliness and action while showing young readers about God's way to be wise with money.
- Art explains how he completely rewrote these books after receiving brutally honest feedback from his own kids!
- This book series delivers laughs and adventure as agents race to save their friend from the agents of Albatross …. while learning how to Give, Save & Live God’s way!
- There are 3 books in the series:
- 1. The first is The Great Lemonade Standoff
- 2. The Mad Cash Dash
- 3. Trouble At the Toy Store.
On this program, Rob also answers listener questions:
- Is there a way to earn a decent return on your emergency fund?
- After paying off a car, is it best to save the money that was going toward the car payment for the next car … or pay off a mortgage more quickly?
- What are the tax implications of sharing 401k proceeds with an ex-spouse?
Remember, you can call in to ask your questions most days at (800) 525-7000 or email them to Questions@MoneyWise.org. Also, visit our website at MoneyWise.org where you can connect with a MoneyWise Coach, join the MoneyWise Community, and even download the free MoneyWise app.