With inflation running so high these days, saving on healthcare costs is more important than ever. We can expect that figure to rise dramatically this year as inflation takes its toll on the healthcare industry. We’ll talk about that with Lauren Gajdek today.
Lauren Gajdek is vice president of Communications and Media at Christian Healthcare Ministries, an underwriter of this program.
- Inflation was running at 8.6% in May, and that was the biggest 12-month surge since 1981. Surveys show some 80% of folks are feeling it in their day-to-day finances.
- Gajdek shares that, fortunately, inflation has had no real impact on CHM’s membership size. That’s most likely because it is a budget-friendly program for people of all ages and stages of life.
- She also explains the monthly cost of joining Christian Healthcare ministries and the level of benefits at each level. To date, CHM has helped to cover more than $8 billion in medical needs for its members.
- CHM’s Christian cost-sharing model is different from conventional health insurance in a number of key respects. It empowers members to make healthcare decisions with their doctors (in accordance with CHM guidelines) without the constraints of insurance provider networks. Members can choose where they go to receive treatment.
- CHM also helps members as they deal with medical providers and submit their bills.
- The organization is founded on the biblical principle of bearing one another’s burdens. And it goes beyond just finances. Members encourage and lift one another up in prayer.
- Christian Healthcare Ministries also now includes telemedicine visits with members’ monthly membership. It has saved CHM members over $10 million in medical costs since the benefit was introduced last year.
- There is no open enrollment period for CHM. New members can join at any time.
- You can learn more at CHMinistries.org.
On this program, Rob also answers listener questions:
- What are the pros and cons of a self-directed IRA?
- How can you manage a very large amount of credit card debt on a limited income?
Remember, you can call in to ask your questions most days at (800) 525-7000 or email them to Questions@MoneyWise.org. Also, visit our website at MoneyWise.org where you can connect with a MoneyWise Coach, join the MoneyWise Community, and even download the free MoneyWise app.